YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION
Strategically situated on the edge of Interstate 96, Coopersville is a small town which has some surprising secrets in store. High-tech and large agricultural manufacturers are equally at home with small generational family farms, welcomed by a willing and able workforce, as well as a city prepared to accommodate development. With just over 4,000 people living within the five-square-mile city limits, Coopersville has the sweetness of small town shopping on Main Street or the West Randall Business District, tree lined streets on a summer evening stroll, and waving hello to old friends at a Tuesday night music jam.
But Coopersville offers more than you would expect from city its size - it's a hub of activity, volunteering and fierce pride. Residents from surrounding areas not only work here, but also frequent our shops and businesses, use the library, participate in recreation programs, civic groups and community events, and attend the Coopersville Area Public Schools. Founded in the heart of some of West Michigan’s richest farm lands, the community’s agricultural heritage is still evident today in the area’s strong work ethic, progressive spirit and genuine hospitality.
And if our city doesn't have enough for you, hop in the car for a quick jaunt in any direction to find what you're looking for - music, entertainment, arts, concerts, recreation, shopping, vacations, and so much more. Coopersville is a 20-minute drive to downtown Grand Rapids to the east and the lakeshore communities of Muskegon and Grand Haven to the west. Both provide an even greater diversity of businesses and services, retail centers, hospitals and medical providers. The Gerald R. Ford International Airport is less than 45 minutes away, making travel for business and pleasure an attractive option.
Many businesses have re- or co-located here because of its central convenience to all of West Michigan. You couldn't ask for a better spot; we couldn't ask for a better reason to come visit - or stay.
Coopersville has a community that feels more like a family; seriously. We are extremely fortunate to have strong leadership across many organizations that results in dynamic partnerships between businesses, churches, numerous civic organizations, schools and city hall. Throughout Coopersville, there is a genuine spirit of cooperation as neighbors help neighbors and organizations band together to benefit the community at large. Many events and partnerships exists in Coopersville such as:
- The wacky Outhouse 500 races on Main Street in February;
- Celebrate Coopersville, a benefit for NEO Forum and banquet to honor the volunteers and citizens of the city;
- The four-day Coopersville Car Show and Summerfest Car Show Festival in August;
- The much-anticipated nighttime Chamber of Commerce Santa Parade in December;
- The community also welcomes tens of thousands of visitors a year to ride aboard the Coopersville & Marne Railway, a real thrill for kids and parents alike
- Our very own Historical Museum with visitors from around the country, and from as far as England;
- The Farm Museum celebrating our agricultural and musical heritage in the region;
- Among many, many other events put on throughout the year!
- Coopersville contracts with the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office, in partnership with the Coopersville Area Public Schools for a unique partnership embracing community policing that reflects the character of Coopersville - NEO Forum
- Dedicated volunteers of the Coopersville-Polkton Fire Department along with our own Emergency Rescue serve with pride and dedication
- The city’s Recreation Department works closely with the school district, maximizing both the use of community facilities and the opportunities for participation, while also providing opportunities for over area 1,500 participants a year
- The Historic Downtown merchants and commercial, and industrial companies partner with the city’s Downtown Development Authority to help identify priorities and enhance cooperation, and to identify opportunities for further economic investment